1. Clicking on the Phone ‘Formatted’ field launches Skype or Lync and creates a ‘Phone Call’ record.
2. Form Keyboard Shortcuts with ‘Ctrl + S’ = Save being my favourite!
3. Cross Entity Business Process Flow
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 introduced cross-entity business process flows. Up to five different entities can be combined in the same process flow.
Dynamics CRM includes an example cross-entity process flow called “Lead to Opportunity Sales Process”.
4. Business Rules can execute on Quick create forms
Navigate to Settings -> Customization –> Entity where the quick create form exists. Expand the entity customization and go to Business Rules section, and define your business rule there. If Scope is set to all forms, the rule will apply to the quick create form too as long as all fields referenced by the business rule are present on the Quick Create form.
5. Entities must be enabled for mobile clients (phone and tablet separately)
6. Security Role Specific Dashboards
CRM now has the capability to control dashboard access in a simple and easy to use format using security roles.
7. Verify Speed and Connectivity
Go to http://[crmserver]/tools/diagnostics/diag.aspx or https://[crmserver]/tools/diagnostics.aspx
8. Streamline ‘Advanced Find’ search fields to make it more user friendly
Did you know that you can make fields that are not used by your organization unsearchable in the Advanced Find tool?
9. Print a CRM record
10. Update System View Filters
- Navigate to the view you wish to update
- Click the filter button in the upper right hand corner and filter the view as desired.
- Click the more options (…) button
- Click “Save Filters to Current System View”
Dynamics 365 CE (CRM) How-To eGuide
41 pages of step-by-step instructions for 6 different key tasks in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM). Includes interactions with PowerApps and Flow!Get the eGuide