Learn how you can create data packages to export and import from one AX environment to other AX environments. AX States (and Canadian provinces) will be the test data used for the data packages.
Note: Ensure dependent data has been first imported or created. For instance; countries must first exist prior to state being imported.
- In the company you wish to export the data package from, navigate to Data management from the workspace:
- Within the data management workspace select the export tile:
- Give the export job details the following:
- Name – StatesExport
- Target data format – EXCEL
- Entity name – States
- Select fields – Importable fields
- Click the Add entity button
The states mapping will be added on the right. The framework buttons; select as create recurring data job, apply template, job history and download also become available for use after the mapping.
- Select the export button in the top left action pane:
The following info log will generate:
- Click close:
The info log message will display in the top right:
- Select download package in the action pane at top left:
- Select yes to the info log message:AX will export the data package, then select open:
There will be 3 files in the zipped data package:
- two .xml files
- one .xlxs file hat contains the exported details
Life Cycle Services – Prepare the data package for upload to another AX environment.
- Log into life cycle services:
- Under the menu bar, select Configuration data manager:
- Select the Add button in the Configuration and data manager area:
- In the Upload data package file slide bar, give the package name a unique meaningful name, we will use: 01a_States_02
- Select add a file button:
- Browse to and select the compressed zipped data package file previously downloaded:
- Click upload button:
- Click confirm button to confirm the data upload to life cycle services:
Apply (Upload) data package to a different AX environment:
- Within Life cycle services select the confirmed added data package and click the apply button:
- Select the environment to apply the data package to, in this sample AX Demo:
- Select the company within the environment in which to apply the data package to:
After the data package has been applied to the new environment, log into that environment, select company and navigate to the data management workspace. Under the import area (this time), review the imported data or review any errors in the staging data area or review the import under job history.
To summarize, these steps explain how to export data from one environment. Load into life cycle services the selected desired destination environment and finally upload to the destination.
We specialize in providing technical assessments, break-fix support, optimization services, and solution expansion projects for Dynamics AX (Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations)