By now, most of you have applied the December 2017 Tax Update. But we have run into a few things that you should be aware of. There are, of course, work-arounds for all of these.
- The Alberta Tax is rounding down.
If the users have saved their Tax credits in the Employee window you can run a script to update it.UPDATE CPY10105 SET PBasicPersonalAmount = 18915.00000 where PJurisdiction = ‘AB’
- The Nova Scotia Basic Personal Tax credit is not correct.
If the users have saved their Tax credits in the Employee window you can run a script to update it.UPDATE CPY10105 SET PBasicPersonalAmount = 11481.00000 where PJurisdiction = ‘NS’
- The Quebec tax is wrong.
After resetting the Year, first fix it in the Tax Credit Control window.
Then run this script to fix it on the employee cards.UPDATE CPY10100 set PQuebecMR19Line12=’15012.00000′,PQuebecMR19Base=’15012.00000′ where PProvince=’QC’
- T4 Upload ErrorA new flag was added to the XML file for amended T4s. However, it appears this line may be added when it is not supposed to be.Before uploading your file please do the following:
- Open the XML file in Notepad.
- Search for the tag ‘fileramendmentnote’ – it should be close to the end of the file.
- Delete the line and ensure there is no space left over.
**If you have two or more Employer’s in your XML file, you will need to remove this line for each employer number**. You can find it by searching.
If you don’t find this line, you can just close the file and upload it as is.
Is Your ERP Software Hurting Your Business?
Discover 15 real-world inventory, accounting, and process red flags that indicate your ERP software is hurting your business.Get The White Paper