In this blog and video, we will give an introduction to the fixed asset module in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
This will be helpful to any Dynamics user who:
- Is a current Dynamics 365 Business Central user
- Is the process of evaluating a move to Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Recently transitioned from Dynamics GP or Dynamics NAV
- Transitioned from a non-Microsoft ERP or accounting solution
Fixed Asset Module in Dynamics 365 Business Central
The fixed asset module in Dynamics 365 Business Central is highly intuitive, and at the same time very user-friendly. Some of the features you can do with fixed assets include:
- Being able to project fixed asset depreciation easily when needed with user-friendly reporting
- Being able to add/manage multiple assets (with differing classes and depreciation setups) that make up a main asset
- For each asset you can manage maintenance costs as well as the next date of service. This provides visibility on budgeting for fixed assets and deciding whether to replace an asset
- Ability to link assets to one or more insurance policies, making it easy to manage the annual insurance premiums associated with fixed assets
- Ability to seamlessly run fixed asset transactions without the need for manual posting to GL
- Ability to add fixed assets via the purchasing module (ie. via invoice or purchase order)
In the video below, we will go over the following:
- Fixed asset setup windows – 0:30
- How to add new fixed assets – 4:30
- How to run monthly depreciation – 7:45
For the other videos/blogs in this Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central series, please follow the links below:
- How to run a Trial Balance and Aging Reports out of Dynamics 365 Business Central
- How to process AP cheque/EFT payments out of Dynamics 365 Business Central
For an overall head-to-head analysis of the two systems, read Dynamics GP vs Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Contact us if you have any questions about Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.