In this three-part blog and video series, we will share some tips and tricks in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
This will be helpful to any Dynamics user who:
- Is a current Dynamics 365 Business Central user
- Is the process of evaluating a move to Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Recently transitioned from Dynamics GP or Dynamics NAV
- Transitioned from a non-Microsoft ERP or accounting solution
Personalization, Accessing Multiple Companies, and Pop Out Windows
In the video below, we will go over the following topics:
- Personalization of pages – 0:35
- Accessing multiple companies – 6:50
- Pop out windows feature – 7:45
Personalization gives users the ability to edit windows and makes the navigation more user friendly to suit their needs. Personalization can be used in almost all pages in Business Central, but in the video below we will cover personalizing the General Ledger Entries page, Customer Card, and the Home Page.
Accessing multiple companies simultaneously is possible in Dynamics 365 Business Central and the video below will show how to do that.
If you’re coming from Dynamics GP, you’re probably used to working in multiple windows at the same time. This pop out windows feature is also available in Dynamics 365 Business Central and in the video below we will cover how to pop out a window.
If there are other types of functionalities in Dynamics 365 Business Central that you are interested in seeing a demo of, feel free to reach out to us.
For the other videos/blogs in our Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central series, please follow the links below:
- How to run a Trial Balance and Aging Reports out of Dynamics 365 Business Central
- How to process AP cheque/EFT payments out of Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Introduction to the Fixed Asset Module in Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Business Central | Tips & Tricks Part 2 where we discuss Filtering and Saved Views, Attaching Notes and Files, and Bookmarking Pages
- Dynamics 365 Business Central | Tips & Tricks Part 3 where we discuss Searching and Entering Data, Changing Descriptions on Posted Entries, and Scheduling of Reports
For an overall comparison of the two systems, read Dynamics GP vs Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Contact us if you have any questions about Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Encore Vantage Virtual Event — Adapt Faster, Work Smarter, Perform Better
Encore Vantage is an educational event for Dynamics GP, NAV, and AX users. Learn how to modernize your business applications and increase efficiency. Plan the path forward with your Dynamics solution.
9:00 am – 12:35 pm PST
Encore Vantage: GP, NAV, & AX Virtual Event
9:00 am – 12:35 pm PST