We’re very excited that Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 is scheduled for release on December 1st, according to Dynamics GP product team leaders! This new version promises more functionality, more workflow, more apps and a Service Based Architecture that will be the foundation for the further development of Dynamics GP over the next few years.
Dynamics GP product development manager Jeff Trosen and product marketing manager Errol Schoenfish say that the Service Based Architecture will enable the GP team to create new device-based experiences for users:
“We’re committed to providing GP as a set of services, which allows us to do Business Analyzer, as well as other apps we’ll be doing in the future. It allows us to consume that information across any device, across multiple applications. And at the same time it allows you to decide what kind of deployment method you want to do, whether that method is in the cloud or whether you want that deployment method to be on premise.”
A few highlights of expected enhancements to Dynamics 2015 so far include:
- Intercompany: 1) view distributions of intercompany transactions from other companies, 2) void the whole intercompany transaction, including destination company distributions, from the originating company
- Fixed Assets: 1) Fixed Assets report is printed as part of year-end close, 2) report prints from all books & assets impacted, 3) includes end of year information for an asset
- Canadian Payroll: Time card entry integration with GP 2015 R2
- Workflow: added functionality for vendor approval, GL batch approval, receivables batch approval and payable batch approval
- Business Analyzer: availability for both iPad and Android, along with the ability to publish Management Reporter reports to the tablet tool for viewing
Overview of Business Analyzer for your reference:
Download Business Analyzer in the Windows App Store:
Other Helpful links to check out:
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 Road Map:
Please keep an eye out over the next few months for more information on Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 as we receive details on exact release dates, upgrade path, new features & enhancements, and much more!
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.