Dynamics GP October 2022 Release
Through the commitment to the Modern Lifecycle Policy, version 18.5 of Dynamics GP was released on October 3, 2022. This article will highlight the top features that stood out to me as well as a list of all new features available in Dynamics GP 18.5.
New Features in the October 2022 Release (18.5)
Top 4 New Features
The 4 new features that stood out to me that I know GP users will appreciate are:
- At last, the 1099-NEC form prints with lines, no more struggles with your printer, printer drivers — modifying the report to print correctly!
- Printing and/or emailing Customer’s cash receipts is now available. That is a very long-awaited feature. You can easily set this up by going to the Sales area page, under Setup you can choose email settings and in the Sales email set up window there is a new option for Cash receipts.
- You can also Print & Email POP documents at the same time. You no longer have to wait to print the document or range of documents before emailing them — a real time saver!
- If you are one of the power “Workflow” users with Dynamics GP, there are quite a few updates to Workflow that you will want to look at.
All New GP 18.5 Features
The Application and System Features for Dynamics GP guide is 44 pages long! It is worth your time to review some of the new features that you can take advantage of with your next upgrade.
Here is the list of all application features and system and workflow updates in the PDF from Microsoft:
- Summary Display in Bank Reconciliation for EFT
- Account Category & Account Segment Lookup Options
- Checkbook Register and Balance Inquiry Redesigned
- Payables 1099-NEC form prints with LINES
- Print Cash Receipts and email
- Add Batch Number & Source to Navigation List
- Reprint Bank Reconciliation Posting Journal
- Add Date Range to the Bank Transaction History Report
- Inactivate Vendor Address Record
- Credit Card Payment post in Summary to Bank Reconciliation
- Auto posting to General Ledger from Payables when you use Transaction Level posting
- Print & Email POP Documents at the same time
System & Workflow
- Auto Post Workflow for complete end-to-end process
- Workflow No approval needed steps in history
- Workflow View History button unavailable
- Add time option to Scheduled Check Links
- Modern Authentication in Web Client
Additionally, I want to share this blog article from Terry Heley, Microsoft Dynamics GP October 2022 – Feature Blog Series Schedule! It has links to a blog series that highlights the new features in detail.
Modern Lifecycle Policy
The Modern Lifecycle Policy helps Dynamics GP customers stay current by taking at least one of the three Dynamics GP updates released each year. For more information about the Modern Lifecycle Policy, please see the Modern Lifecycle Policy section in our Dynamics GP October 2021 Release article.
GP2018 and GP2018R2 are the last versions still governed by the Fixed Lifecycle, with mainstream support being provided until January 10, 2023.
Commitment to Our Dynamics GP Customers
There has been uncertainty throughout the Dynamics GP community in the past month after statements were made at the Microsoft Dynamics GP General Session in October at the Dynamic Communities Summit North America. There have been follow-up statements made during the conference and online since then to clarify Microsoft’s position.
Here is a post from Terry Heley that states that “Microsoft is committed to supporting our Dynamics GP customers that will include new releases for the foreseeable future, such as 18.6, 18.7, 18.8, etc.” Please see the full article here.
At Encore, our mission is “Furthering your success through the alignment of strategy, people, processes and technology.” We will continue to support our customer’s journey whatever the path may be today, in three years, five years, and beyond. If that journey involves staying with Dynamics GP, we will support you. If the journey involves evaluating an ERP solution in the cloud, we will support you and can help you evaluate options that are best suited for your business.
We’re on this road together.
Please connect with us if you have any questions about Dynamics GP.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.