The release of Dynamics GP version 18.6 is just around the corner. Here is a sneak peak of some exciting new features to watch out for.
This release is especially exciting because all of the usability improvements came from customers. Customers have the ability to share ideas and vote for future ideas in the suggestion database. If you have not done so in the past, make sure to visit the suggestion database page often to share your thoughts and ideas for future release waves.
Areas of Change
With GP being a mature product, it isn’t often that we see many exciting updates. This year, however, there are a few features that stood out to me and, because they came directly from customers, will be helpful solutions to many of your requests!
New Features in the October 2023 Release (18.6)
Top New Features
There are four new features that stood out in this release that I know GP users will appreciate:
- You will have the ability to set up a “Share Mailbox” with MFA enabled. Terry Heley, Sr. Escalation Engineer at Microsoft, sees this as her big win with this release.
- Format workflow emails with item decimals – over 60 votes in the suggestion database got this feature updated.
- Reverse fiscal year end close by company vs. all companies’ users being out of the system.
- Lastly, a feature that I am excited to see is that all payables 1099 forms will print with lines (MISC, INT, DIV, and 1099-NEC). There is no need to buy any forms.
Additional New GP 18.6 Features
There are quite a few more new features that you will appreciate:
- Financial Summary Inquiry – new Redisplay button.
- Customers statements that display “open” items only.
- Set the U of M (Unit of Measure) schedule from the PO requisition to the purchase order.
- A few project time & expense updates around workflow, MyExpenses, and Timesheets.
The release is expected to drop October 2nd.
For more information on Dynamics GP updates, you can visit the Microsoft Dynamics Community site where you can find the latest information on the October 2023 release.
The Modern Lifecycle Policy helps Dynamics GP customers stay current by taking at least one of the three Dynamics GP updates released each year. For more information about the Modern Lifecycle Policy, please see the Modern Lifecycle Policy section in our Dynamics GP October 2021 Release article.
It is important to stay current on the latest version of Dynamics GP – here are some of the top reasons why it is important. Making sure you keep your investment in technology up to date ensures not only that you take advantage of new features, but that your environment is secure.
If you have any questions about staying current on Dynamics GP, please reach out to your Account Manager or contact us.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.