RM Transaction Unapply in Dynamics GP
Have you ever gone to unapply a payment from an invoice only to find that the transactions are in history and can no longer be unapplied?
Have you ever gone to void an invoice or payment, only to find that you can’t see it in the Posted Transactions window to void it?
For years, the only way you could unapply or void a Dynamics GP transaction in Accounts Receivable was if it was still in Open status. Then Microsoft released the Professional Services Tool Library (PSTL), and in there is a tool called RM Transaction Unapply. This tool sometimes gets forgotten, but is very useful if you need to correct a transaction that was moved to History. It is a great alternative to removing history and reentering data to fix apply issues or mistakes.
Just an FYI, in Accounts Receivable the only way a fully applied transaction can move from Open status to History status is by running the Paid Transaction Removal routine.
In order to use the RM Transaction Unapply tool, you must first install the Professional Services Tool Library.
If you need help, please contact Encore Business Solutions for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitations to be aware of when using the RM Transaction Unapply Tool in Dynamics GP:
- A General Ledger journal transaction will be created if a discount and/or write-offs exist. The journal entry created will use the original distributions of the transaction and you will see the entry in a Batch in the General Ledger.
- You will not be able to unapply multi-currency documents that have discounts and/or write-offs associated with them.
Steps to use the RM Transaction Unapply Tool in Dynamics GP:
- Once the PSTL is installed, you can open it up, and mark the option for RM Transaction Unapply as seen in the screenshot below:
- Then you click on the Next button which will open the Receivables Transaction Unapply window.
- Select the Customer ID to display the list of transactions for that customer.
NOTE: This window can also be used to unapply transactions that are in Open status as well.
- Once you find the transaction that you wish to unapply, you can simply click the Applied checkbox to unmark it.
- The following message will appear:
- Click on Report Only, then select a Print Destination. The Unapplied Documents Report will print showing what will be unapplied if you were to click on the Unapply button.
- Click on the Unapply button, then select a Print Destination. The Unapplied Documents Report will print showing what has been unapplied. The highlighted section in the screenshot below warns you that the transactions were unapplied.
- Once you are done you can click on OK to close the window.
- Then click the Cancel button in the PSTL window to close the Professional Services Tool Library.
You’re done! I hope that you found this article helpful. Check out more Dynamics GP tips and tricks here.
Get 8 premium pieces of content that will help you plan a Dynamics GP upgrade!