Write-offs on the Fly in Dynamics GP
Users can write-off amounts at the time of applying documents. This can be done in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable! A maximum amount can be setup on the Customer and/or Vendor cards to limit the amount that can be written off. The example shown below is in Accounts Receivable.
- Open the Customer card – Cards | Sales | Customer
- Select the Customer, then click the Options button
- Confirm the Maximum Write-Off amount is either Unlimited, or type in an amount, then Save the record
- Open the Cash Receipts Entry window – Transactions | Sales | Cash Receipts
- Select the Customer
- Enter the applicable payment information and click on Apply
- Mark the Document(s) you are applying it to
- In the Write-off field, enter the amount you want to write-off
- Click OK and process the transaction as normal.
REMINDER: You will see in the Amount Remaining field the amount ‘short’ if the cash receipt is less than the Current Transaction Amount. In this example the Amount Remaining showed $0.02 until I typed in the Write-off Amount.
TIP: The default Write-off GL account can be setup on the Vendor card, or in the Posting Accounts Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Posting | Posting Accounts). GP will first look at the Vendor card and then the Posting Accounts Setup window.
Get 8 premium pieces of content that will help you plan a Dynamics GP upgrade!