The Gamification Solution in Microsoft Dynamics 365
What is Gamification?
Is it trying to motivate your employees by turning a business process into a game? Not really, it is much more than that. Gamification is technically applying the principles of a game where you would not typically find them. It is used to improve user engagement, productivity, learning and much more.
How Does it Work?
Gamification techniques are intended to leverage people’s natural desires for socializing, learning, mastery, competition, achievement, status, self-expression, altruism, or closure, or simply their response to the framing of a situation as game or play
OK, I’m curious. Lets get going, I want to install it!
- Gamification requires at least Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1.
- Users must have a Dynamics 365 (online) license assigned to access the Gamification service
- Users must have an up-to-date browser.
Install Dynamics 365 – Gamification:
Gamification capabilities in Dynamics 365 are a solution for Dynamics 365 (online) that you install from Microsoft AppSource.
Activate the Gamification Portal for your Organization:
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365, go to Settings > Solutions, and then double-click the Gamification solution.
- Click Start Activation, and then sign in with your admin credentials.
- Accept the disclaimer, and then provide a Name and a Location for your instance of the Gamification portal.
- Click Register to start the activation and obtain the security key.
- Copy the Security Key, and then paste it in the input box.
- Click Authorize to complete the connection between Dynamics 365 (online) and Dynamics 365 – Gamification.
- You’ll receive an email with additional details, and then you can access your organization’s Gamification instance.
- Additionally, the system creates a set of default KPIs in Dynamics 365 (online) so you can quickly get started with the first game in Gamification.
- To sign in as the first Commissioner, go to the Gamification sign-in.
Update the Gamification Solution:
- A system administrator can update the solution.
- If an update is available, a notification is displayed on the Gamification Settings page.
- Sign in to https://portal.office.com with your global administrator or Microsoft Dynamics 365 system administrator credentials.
- Click Admin centers > Dynamics 365.
- Click the Instances tab, and then select the instance the solution is connected to.
- Click Solutions.
- Select the solution you want to update, and then click Upgrade.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365, go to Gamification > Gamification Settings, and then click Configure App to update all dependencies to the latest version.
For More Resources:
Configuring KPIs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/gamification/configure-kpis
If you’d like to learn more about using Gamification in Dynamics 365, please contact us.
 Lieberoth, A. (2015) Shallow Gamification, Testing Psychological Effects of Framing an Activity as a Game, Games and Culture Vol 10, Issue 3, pp. 229 – 248
41 pages of step-by-step instructions for 6 different key tasks in Dynamics 365 CRM apps. Includes interactions with Power Apps and Power Automate!