Deploy Your New Dynamics NAV License in 6 Steps
Note: The steps outlined below are for versions Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015
Here are at Encore, we understand that every client wants to improve their work efficiency and maximize their efforts to improve their processes. Some improvements may be done through minor modifications in Dynamics NAV, and others are done by buying additional user licenses. In the event that you decided to buy additional Dynamics NAV users, Microsoft will issue a new license that will need to be deployed in your environment.
Here are 6 simple steps for you to follow to do the deployment of the license:
- ALWAYS KEEP A COPY OF YOUR ORIGINAL LICENSE PRIOR TO DEPLOYMENT FOR BACKUP PURPOSES
- ASK USERS TO LOGOUT FROM NAV BEFORE DEPLOYING A NEW LICENSE
- Go to your Dynamics NAV Development Environment> Press Tools>License Information:
- Once you get to the License Information window, Press the ‘Upload’ button > Look for the path where you placed your license> Highlight the license> Press Open:
- You will get this message once the Dynamics NAV license is uploaded successfully:
- Go to Dynamics NAV Administration:
- Highlight your Dynamics NAV server instance> Press the Restart button>Press ‘Okay’ when prompted:
- Last step: log back into Dynamics NAV to make sure everything is still functioning, and if the changes from the new license have taken place:
That’s it! If you need any helping deploying your Microsoft Dynamics NAV licences, or you need help purchasing new licenses, contact us/
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.