Improve Receipt Entry with National Accounts for Receivables Management in Dynamics GP!
The National Accounts functionality in Microsoft Dynamics GP helps users associate multiple customers that belong to one organization by linking a Parent Customer to related Child Customers in the National Accounts Setup window. Once the parent customer has been linked to child customers, the users can apply the cash payments received from a parent customer to any invoice of any customer who is part of the national account relationship.
Setup of National Accounts is quick and allows users to greatly improve efficiency for processing payments received from customers.
Do the following to setup National Accounts:
- Go to Sales module >> Cards >> National Accounts.
- In the National Account Maintenance window select the Parent Customer ID and the related Child Customer IDs.
- In the options list select the desired options. Ensure that the “Allow Receipts Entry for Children of the National Account” option is checked off and click “Save” to save all selections made in the window.
When entering a cash receipt received from a Parent Customer you can choose to Auto Apply the cash receipt amount to either the Parent Customer or National Account.
If you prefer to apply cash receipts manually, you need to use the “Apply” option which will bring you to the “Apply Sales Documents” window. In this window you will see a list of all sales documents related to the established Parent/Child customers relationship.
You can select to view the open documents that you need to apply payments by either the National Account or by a Specific Customer name as shown below.
The Aged Receivables Trial Balance with Options allows users to run a report for either a Specific Customer (Parent or Child) and for Consolidated National Accounts Activity depending on whether you would like to view information.
To generate Aged Trial Balance for Consolidated National Account Activity do the following:
- Go to Sales module >> Reports >> Trial Balance.
- In the Receivables Trial Balance Reports select “Aged Trial Balance w/Options” report option, highlight the report option and select “Modify”.
- In the Receivables Trial Balance Report Options screen check off “Consolidated National Accounts Activity option”
- In the Ranges option select Customer ID and choose the Parent Customer ID inserting it in the Restrictions area.
- Print the report.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with setting up National Accounts in Dynamics GP, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you.
Get 8 premium pieces of content that will help you plan a Dynamics GP upgrade!