The Support Debugging Tool, originally used internally by Microsoft to support their customer released the tool out to the Microsoft Dynamics GP end users. This Dexterity build application contains a collections of utilities to make the task of supporting, developing and debugging Dynamics GP simpler and faster.
The tool contains two modes of operations:
Standard Mode includes the following features; Manual Logging Mode, Individual Logging Mode, Dex.ini Settings, Resource Information, Security Profiler, Security Information, Configuration Export/Import , ScreenShot and Send Email.
Advanced Mode features include; Automatic Debugger Mode, Dictionary Control, XML Table Export, XML Table Import, Runtime Execute, SQL Execute, Configuration Maintenance, Administrator Settings and Dex.ini Configuration.
Some Examples of Use
It can help you identify the specific series of events which lead up to an issue or bug in the code occurring.
- It can be used to quickly and simply turn on all logging and profiling capabilities without restarting the application. This can be useful when looking at performance problems.
- It can be used to find details about dictionary resources and other security objects.
- It can be used to identify resources (forms, reports and tables) causing security access issues.
- It can be used to enable and disable third party products or change the order of the products in the launch file.
- It can be used to export data from and import to any table.
- It can be used to run SQL or Dexterity scripts without needing Dexterity or SQL Administration Tools installed.
- It can be used to capture and email or save screenshots of all open windows and a system status report.
- It can be used to send email to the system administrator, even on systems without a locally installed Outlook client.
- It can assist in resolving issues with reports using Report Writer (RW) user defined functions.
- It can roll out Dex.ini setting changes to all workstation in a system.
Want to learn more? Visit Microsoft’s Official Blog, The Support Debugging Tool Portal where you can , review the FAQs, read Release Announcements access conference session material, watch videos and much more.
The best part? It’s free to you!
Download your copy of the tool and start using today!
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.