In this article we will discuss the annual Microsoft maintenance and support plan and the frequently asked questions we get from our clients.
1. What is this annual maintenance & support plan we pay for each year?
“Your Microsoft Dynamics Enhancement Plan service plan is what you need to stay compliant, competitive, and thrive in today’s complex global business environment. It can also help you to prepare for the future because your company might want to transition from your current on-premises Dynamics solution to Microsoft Dynamics 365. Microsoft Dynamics 365 enables organizations to monitor performance in real time, predict future outcomes, and make data-driven decisions to drive growth.” – As stated by Microsoft. The annual maintenance and support plan is also know as BREP – Business Ready Enhancement Plan.
2. What are some of the benefits of the Microsoft renewal and what does it include?
The Microsoft Dynamics business-ready enhancement plan support plan continues to help you reduce downtime and mitigate support costs. Benefits include:
- New version rights, hotfixes, service packs, and regulatory releases.
- Self-support tools available through the Microsoft Support site online.
- Modern lifecycle policy.
- Tax updates, regulatory releases and future license purchases.
- Online training, downloadable materials & learning plans.
- Product downloads, installation guides, technical documents, etc.
3. Does the Plan include Microsoft support?
- The Advantage Plan for Dynamics GP includes 6 support incidents from Microsoft.
- The Advantage Plus Plan includes an unlimited number of support incidents from Microsoft and 24×7 support for severity A cases.
Note: The above mentioned support is available by contacting Microsoft directly (typically via email).
4. Does the renewal include Encore hours for support or consulting?
The annual renewal does not include any consulting work or support hours from Encore. Payment of the Microsoft renewal is simply coordinated by Encore (the partner). You do have the option of signing up for an Encore Care Contract. Our Encore Care packages provide you with a lower support rate, quicker response time, the ability to better budget for the year, and more.
5. What are the risks or disadvantages of NOT renewing?
Penalties will apply if the renewal payment occurs after the annual expiry date:
- Loss of Protected System List Price.
- Pay current renewal pricing, plus additional 3% penalty per day for the lapsed period of time, plus pay for the future year of the Enhancement Plan.
- Customers must be enrolled in a renewal plan to purchase additional users or modules.
Other significant impacts of not renewing with Microsoft:
- No access to the product upgrades, service packs and product fixes.
- No support from Microsoft.
If you have any questions about your Microsoft Dynamics solution, please connect with us.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.