With the release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 expected this fall, information is starting to flow about what users can expect from this release.
Microsoft’s main focus of this release has been to improve user adoption. As mentioned in an earlier blog post, a CRM system is only useful and successful when your whole team adopts it.
Below are the five main themes that Microsoft has concentrated on for Dynamics CRM 2013 along with some related new features.
Theme 1: Reimagined User Experience
- View everything you need in one spot so that you can quickly get in, get going and get done
- Simplified data entry to keep your people productive and focused on the task at hand
- Enhance personalization to help you build better customer relationships
Theme 2: Process Excellence and Agility
- Guided processes so that there is no need to guess where you are in the process
- A focus on verifiable outcomes instead of simply records
- Simplified point and click process designer makes it easily configurable
Theme 3: CRM On the Go
- Powerful tablet and phone applications for Windows tablets, iPads, Windows 8 phones, Android phones and iPhones
- A seamless experience across web, client, and device helping drive adoptation
- Interactive business intelligence that helps you work smarter
Theme 4: Enterprise Collaboration
- Embedded Microsoft Lync capabilities allows you to communicate with ease
- Stay up to date no matter where you are or what device you are on with easily managed synchronization
- Collaborate using social technologies giving you the information you need from the right people at the right time
Theme 5: Platform Enhancements
- Tailored, rule-driven action across devices without the need of a developer
- Access Teams ensure the right people have access to information without compromising security
- Real-time workflows enable on-demand execution
Check out the Release Preview Guide to start learning about some of the great new features.
What are the steps in a CRM implementation? What are the biggest causes of failure? How long will it take?