If you’re new to using Microsoft Word templates or want to modify existing Word templates, you will need to install the Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-In for Microsoft Word. This is user-specific, therefore it needs to be installed for each user that will be creating or modifying Word Templates.
1. Locate the GP installation media and double-click the setup.exe file
2. Under the Additional Products section click on “Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word” > click install
3. Follow the installation instructions to accept the software license agreement > click Next
4. Select the install location for the Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word > click install
***The default install location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\Report Templates\***
5. Once the Add-in is installed click Finish
6. Open Microsoft Word > Click the Developer Tab > Verify the you have the Microsoft Dynamics GP Templates group
If you do not have a Developer tab
If you do not have a developer tab right click the blank space in the ribbon > click “Customize the Ribbon”
7. Check off the Developer box > click OK > Verify the you have the Microsoft Dynamics GP Templates group
And that’s how you install the Dynamics GP Add-In for Microsoft Word! If you have any questions about your Microsoft Dynamics GP solution, feel free to contact us.
What is new in Dynamics GP 2016?
Get 9 premium pieces of content that will help you plan a Dynamics GP upgrade!Get The Upgrade Guide