The 2023 Release Wave 2 for Dynamics 365 Business Central includes several new features that will help users simplify and streamline their processes across Business Central. Below are a few key updates we found particularly interesting from this release.
Key Updates in 2023 Release Wave 2
Streamline Data Consolidation Across Multiple Entities
This new feature will help streamline data consolidation for accountants using Business Central across multiple entities. This is especially useful for consolidating financial data from subsidiaries to a consolidated company, regardless of whether the subsidiaries are in different Business Central environments.
Running a consolidated trial balance report produces an overview of your business’s financial health by combining general ledger entries from each company. For more details, read the Microsoft documentation.
Easily Access Inventory Counts and Adjustments
Release Wave 2 includes features that will allow you to easily access and understand your inventory counts and adjustments.
- The new Include Items without Transactions field on the Calculate Physical Inventory Order Line screen gives you more options to manage and review your physical inventory.
- The addition of the Item Reference No. field to the Physical Inventory Recording Lines will be useful if you use bins to manage your inventory. This will also be useful to help define the scope for counting.
- You can now enable the Adjust Inventory feature on the allow Invt. Adjustment toggle on the Inventory setup page, allowing you to adjust the actual quantity if you are working in multiuser environments.
- The addition of the toggles “Copy as Correction” and “Copy Item Tracking Value” in Copy Invt. Document offers increased control over what and how data can be entered into a document.
For more details, read the Microsoft documentation.
Configure Sales Purchases to Control Posting Dates
This new feature gives you the flexibility to configure your sales purchases using the Link Doc. Date to Posting Date setting on the Sales & Receivables Setup and Purchases & Payables Setup pages to improve your financial accuracy. Unlike the previous version, you can now turn off the toggle for Link Doc. Date to Posting Date to control whether the document date changes when the posting date is modified. For more details, read the Microsoft documentation.
Allow “Multiple Posting Groups” for Payables and Receivables
The addition of the Allow Multiple Posting Groups option in the Sales and Receivables Setup and Purchases and Payables Setup makes it possible to select different customer posting groups or vendor posting groups when you’re creating sales documents and purchases. You can also enable this on the Customer Card or Vendor Card pages. For more details, read the Microsoft documentation. To learn how to enable the new Allow Multiple Posting Groups option, please see 01:56 in the video below.
Control How Items are Put Away in Your Basic Warehouse Configurations Using a Put-away Template
You can now use some advanced features without having to set up advanced warehousing in Business Central. Using a put-away template, you can control how items are put away in your warehouse based on the way you rank your bins, and the minimum and maximum quantities that you specify for your bins. Note that if you’re working with warehouse receipts, the setup will be different. For more details, read the Microsoft documentation. To learn how to set up and use a put-away template, please 08:37 in the video below.
Better Manage the Percentage or Quantity of Items Received Using Over-receipt Codes
You can now use over-receipt codes to establish a percentage or quantity for items that you will allow to be received. This sets up a tolerance and you can require approvals by setting up a workflow. Additionally, you have the flexibility to assign over-receipt codes to vendor cards, allowing an over-receipt for any items ordered from that vendor. This streamlines the process, eliminating the need to create additional purchase orders or add lines to existing ones, saving time and ensuring a smoother and more efficient way of managing inventory. For more details, read the Microsoft documentation. To learn how to set up and use over-receipt codes, please see 20:13 in the video below.
Watch this recorded webinar for a complete walkthrough on how to use and set up some of these new features:
- Allow “Multiple Posting Groups” for payables and receivables – 01:56
- Control how items are put away in your basic warehouse configurations using a put-away template – 08:37
- Better manage the percentage or quantity of items received using over-receipt codes – 20:13
For advice on how to leverage these new features in your Dynamics 365 Business Central environment, please contact us.
Senior Solutions Specialist Caroline Veillette contributed to the information in this article.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.