Power BI and the Future of Quick Reporting Tools
For those that were in attendance at Summit 2016 in Tampa there were many sessions available to learn how useful Power BI can be. Power BI allows you the ability to quickly review data for your organization from a variety of Applications. You can gather all on premises and cloud information as well import data from external solutions into a central location that can be accessed at any time. This tool can assist in obtaining visually pertinent information to allow you to make better business decisions. Power BI can also be accessed using the Mobile App to allow you to view your business data on the go.
Power BI application has two pricing models to meet your business needs:
With Power BI:
- The cost is Free
- The Data Capacity limit is 1 GB/user
- Consumed content will refresh Daily
- Consuming streaming data in your dashboards and reports is limited to 10K rows/hour
With Power BI Pro version:
- The cost is $9.99 / user / Month
- The Data Capacity limit is 10 GB/user
- Consumed content will refresh Hourly
- Consuming streaming data in your dashboards and reports is limited to 1M rows/hour
- Start your Free Trial here.
Power BI is an easy to use tool with a variety of online resources available to assist you in getting started. A recommended starting point would be to review Microsoft’s Getting Started Guide. Power BI is a very powerful tool that will revolutionize your quick reporting needs, allowing you to access your data from multiple sources in a single page. What are you waiting for? Let your imagination be your guide.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Encore.
Get the full report on the top BI Vendors.