You may have run into this issue after running a process in Business Process Manager in Prophix: the task log indicates that Status is Pending and there are no other processes in the queue. The process has not appeared to have switched over to running within 10-15 minutes. Here are two fixes for this frustrating issue.
Affected Modules, Users, or functions
The problem occurs if the Prophix Service is unable to run or is already running a process as it is a queue based system only one can be running at any given moment in time.
- Scenario 1: Another user has run a process before you and it is taking a long time to process through and complete
- Scenario 2: The Prophix Service is offline and needs to be restarted.
- Open the Task Log
- Locate the button View
- Select All Users
- Check to see if there is any process running under a different user
- If there is, wait until the process is completed your process will start automatically
- Log into the Prophix Server
- Go to Windows Start menu
- Search for Services
- Open Services
- Locate PROPHIX Process Manager
- Check to see if the Service status is empty
- If it is empty right click and select Start
- Check the Task Log your process should be running
- Will require administrative access to the Prophix Server.
- Remember to refresh the Task Log to get the most up to date view of the processes that have or had been processed.
Get the full report on the top BI Vendors.