As a user in CRM you may occasionally need to make a mass update of records. Using out of the box features in CRM; you can change personal settings to ensure you are updating as many records as possible, and also learn how to trigger the on-demand workflow. The below instructions assume the appropriate on-demand workflow has already been created.
Running On-Demand Workflows on Bulk Records
Updating your personal settings
1. Open up your personal settings.
a. Click on the Settings icon in the top right-hand corner.
b. Select Options > a new window pops up.
2. On the General tab, in the “Set number of records shown per page in any list of records” change the value from 50 to 250 records per page.
3. You will now be able to view up to 250 records in one page, scrolling as necessary, vs. 50 records per page & clicking through each tab.
Running On-Demand Workflows on Multiple Records
1. Access the entity you wish to run the On-Demand workflow on. In this example we will use Accounts.
2. Ensure you have the right view selected – we are using Active Accounts.
3. On the left-hand side of the grid, click the check bar to select all 250 records in the view, this will highlight all the records.
4. With all the records highlighted, click on the “…” in the command bar.
a. Select Run Workflow.
5. A dialog box will pop up, listing any on-demand workflows this entity has.
a. Highlight the appropriate workflow.
b. Click “Add” button.
6. A message window will pop up.
a. Click “OK” to confirm this workflow should be run against all the records selected.
7. A progress bar will pop up while the workflow is running, when this pop up disappears the changes have been made. Refresh a couple of times & open records to confirm the changes have been made.
8. In the grid on the bottom left-hand corner, click the next page arrow. Then repeat this process to update the next set of records. Repeat until all records are updated.
Calculated Fields and Rollup Fields in Dynamics 365 CRM Solutions
In this recorded webinar, we'll cover how to create Rollup Fields and Calculated Fields to help you you automatically determine values based on other fields and records in the system.
9:00 am – 9:30 am PST
Webinar - Calculated Fields and Rollup Fields
9:00 am – 9:30 am PST