Companies on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, 2012, or 2012 R2 now face significant security risks, in large part because their SQL and Windows Server infrastructure is reaching end of life. That leaves companies vulnerable to cyberattacks and can also create major compliance problems.
But many companies face a catch-22, because they cannot upgrade that infrastructure without updating their AX environment. And any ERP update/upgrade requires a great deal of time, careful consideration, and expertise.
So what can companies do to secure their systems right now?
We’ve launched Encore’s AX Cloud Uplift program to meet this need. Through this program we mitigate your risks and costs by migrating your existing AX environment to Microsoft’s Azure cloud. This program gives companies:
- Critical security updates with extended support from Microsoft for your SQL and Windows Servers, for 3 years beyond end of life
- Controlled monthly hosting costs, with no surprises
- Environment monitoring and updates (a managed service)
- A transition path to the Azure cloud for an eventual upgrade to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- AX support from our experts via Encore Care
To learn more about reducing your AX cybersecurity risks as well as potential upgrade costs, watch these recorded webinars: Reduce AX Cybersecurity Risks | Cloud Uplift Program and Reduce AX Cybersecurity Risks | D365 F&O Upgrade as a Service
When Is End of Life for Dynamics AX, SQL, and Windows Servers?
October 2018: Mainstream Support ended for AX 2009, 2012, and 2012 R2
July 9, 2019: support ended for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2
January 14, 2020: support ends for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
Keep Your AX Environment Stable
Companies whose AX environment is hosted in a data center or their on-premise servers often lack the guaranteed uptime and failover they need to maintain productivity and to be prepared for disaster recovery. Microsoft’s Azure cloud meets that need.
Control Your Hosting Costs with Azure
Cloud hosting can take the guesswork out of IT budgeting:
- Consistent, predictable hosting costs you can budget for reliably
- No more surprise hardware upgrades
- Faster and more transparent ROI through cloud hosting
- Also frees up your IT team to work on your strategic business goals
AX Support to Meet Your Ongoing Business Needs
With the Cloud Uplift, you also get our Encore Care Unlimited package, which includes
- Break-Fix Support
- User Coaching, Application Guidance
- New User Orientation Training and New User Set Up
- Client Workstation Installs
- System Health Check
So even after we meet your immediate need to secure your system by migrating it to the cloud, you’ll also have our help to meet the ongoing needs of your business.
The Encore Care Unlimited package is often valued at $2,000/month or more for a company using AX, but it is free with Encore’s Cloud Uplift program.
To learn more about how we can secure your system with cloud uplift, contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cloud Uplift
1. Who Owns Your Data Once It’s in the Cloud?
You own the data within the system. Encore provides you with support and platform as a service.
2. How Long Is the Commitment?
We offer AX Cloud Uplift on a 2-year contract. There would be an early termination fee + a 10% penalty for any customer who decided to end the contract early.
3. How Long Until My AX System Is Secure in the Cloud?
We can secure your system by migrating it within days or weeks.
4. How Do I Know if Encore’s Cloud Uplift Program Is Right for My Company?
If your company is using AX 2009, 2012, or 2012 R2, your infrastructure is likely at risk, and Encore’s Cloud Uplift program can protect it.
That’s because almost all companies on those versions of AX are using SQL 2008 or SQL 2008 R2, and Win Server 2008 or 2008 R2. Those SQL and Win Servers are reaching end of life, but companies can’t upgrade those servers without updating the ERP.
Our AX Cloud Uplift program can get you critical security updates for those servers for 3 years beyond end of life.
To learn more about securing your AX system, enter your contact information in the form below.
Dynamics AX Expertise & Support
We specialize in providing break-fix support, technical assessments, optimization services, Cloud Uplift, Upgrade-as-a Service, and solution expansion projects for Dynamics AX.Learn More