It was announced at the GP Tech Conference held August 20-22, 2018 in Fabulous Fargo that the new release of GP will be coming on October 1, 2018 and be called GP 2018R2. There have been improvements made in several areas and a couple requested features have been included, but the most interesting improvement is that GP will now be considered an edge device to Business Central. This will allow GP users to take advantage of AI and reduce latency for some other features because the data will be available up front. Read through some of the new features outlined below.
Intelligent Cloud and Edge
A gateway will be used to connect your GP data to Business Central in the cloud. Once data is available you will be able to take advantage of Key Performance Indicators, Artificial Intelligence and the Power Platform (PowerApps, PowerBI, Flow, Common Data Service). The initial release will create a read only copy of the following data:
- Accounts with beginning balances
- Customers and outstanding transactions
- Vendors and outstanding transactions
- Items and quantity on hand
…with a promise to build on this in future releases.
- Posting Setup – Transaction level posting through GL for some items
- Start and End dates for pay codes
- Monthly and bi-monthly recurring batches added an option for using last day of month
- Disable duplicate check numbers
- HITB report added ability to exclude items with zero value or quantity
- Print invoices in functional currency from SOP navigation list
- Sales Transaction workflow
- New Smartlist for deposits on unposted sales
- Print and email SOP documents at the same time
- Email customer statements from customer maintenance
- Hide business analyzer for all users
- Increase maximum password to 21 characters
- Password expiration notification
- Mass update inactive from navigation list
- Smartlist designer favorites will display in navigation lists
- New Smartlist for deposits on unposted documents
The October 1 release of GP 2018R2 is not too far away! Contact us if you have any questions about Dynamics GP.
Answer some basic questions about your company and your requirements, and find out what products would fit your business.