Training – The Secret to Long Term ERP Success
The value that you extract from your Microsoft Dynamics ERP solution is its most important feature. You likely received a lot of training during your initial implementation but research shows that over time your organization will use less and less of the application’s features.
Sure, processes may change and you will have staff turnover but there are a few common mistakes that can contribute towards diminishing value:
- Relying on “Over the shoulder” training from other users can dilute knowledge about system usage and functionality by up to 50 percent.
- Training one person well and expecting that individual to teach others how to use the system. Even with the best intent, existing users teach only 70 to 80 percent of what they know.
The good news is that regular training can help your organization ensure you continue to drive as much value as possible out of Microsoft Dynamics solution. It’s important to have a training plan and budget set aside to execute. There are many options available so that training doesn’t have to mean time out of the office or travel expenses.
There are many training options available but three popular programs that you should consider are:
- Formal Training for New Users (a.k.a Orientation) – Formal training programs designed for new users will not only help them learn to navigate and learn the standard logic throughout Dynamics but help you avoid diminishing the value of your investment. There are hidden costs for not investing in training.
- Retraining – What percentage of your solution is being used? It might be time to consider retraining your existing users to refresh their knowledge.
- Power User Training – Maybe there is a user that everyone goes to for answers about the system. They would be a perfect candidate for Power User training. Power Users have a deeper understanding of your Dynamics solution and are able to provide first-line support to the user base in your organization. When organizations invest in developing Power Users they benefit in reduced downtime and reduced professional service fees.
To ensure you have the right tools and knowledge to make the most of your technology investment talk to us about an Encore Care membership and our wide range of training services related to your Dynamics solutions. We’ll work with you to determine the best approach so you get the highest return on investment for your training. We’ll help you develop a plan that fit your organization’s goals and budget.
Have questions? Contact us today.
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletters with the latest updates all in one place! Get important product information, event recaps, blog articles, and more.