Job Number: 23-FA-AA01
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Hybrid (Winnipeg, MB preferred)
We have a position available for an Accounting Associate whose primary responsibility is preparing invoices for annual recurring charges, accurately recording associated costs and applying payments upon receipt. You will monitor invoices that become overdue and follow established procedures for collection efforts. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Administration, you will assist in the maintenance of subscription licensing contracts, respond to inquiries, and handle administrative tasks as required.
This position will appeal to a customer-service oriented individual with exceptional time management skills who is conscientious about meeting expectations. You are analytical with a problem-solving mentality and enthusiastically contribute to the team. Challenge, change, and technology all describe this opportunity to grow your accounting skills within a professional services organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Generate annual invoices for recurring client charges.
- Perform daily cash management functions; receive payments via credit card, EFT, cheque; apply payments to client accounts; prepare bank deposits.
- Track and enter vendor invoices associated with client renewal invoices.
- Routinely monitor accounts receivable and follow collections procedures.
- Assist with updates and maintenance of subscription licensing contracts, price lists and annual contract renewals.
- Respond to sales order inquiries from clients and internal sales team.
- Support finance and admin team members by responding to queries, researching information and providing backup when needed.
- Update procedural documentation as necessary; create new documentation as required.
- Perform office administration tasks such as ordering supplies, distributing mail, making travel arrangements.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Bookkeeping, Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounting role.
- 1+ year experience with a Microsoft reseller or another ERP reseller is considered an asset.
- Proficient with Windows platform, specifically Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using ERP software applications, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
- Understand principles of accounting including cost of goods sold and deferred revenue.
- Understanding of accounting for recurring revenue, SaaS, subscription-based licensing.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptionally organized and responsive to inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel; valid passport required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in resident country of Canada or the United States.
- Must be fluent in English – both verbal and written.
Furthering your success through the alignment of strategy, people, processes, and technology
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for subsequent interview will be contacted.