Director of Marketing
The key priority of the Director of Marketing is to promote a positive brand experience that drives sales and strategies for acquisition of new clients as well as ongoing programs and initiatives focused on client retention. Fiscally responsible, you will develop the marketing budget along with key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure ongoing performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the Microsoft partner channel. Understanding the rapid and constant evolution of technology, you are motivated to stay on top of industry trends and will continually review changes to the market, consumer trends, competitor activities, adjusting the marketing plan as required.
Collaboration across the organization is a vital and critical contributor to success in this role. You will work with the sales team to build and implement effective marketing plans and you will solicit expertise and input from subject matter experts to help drive effective marketing campaign planning and execution.
Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer (CAO), this is a hands-on role required to lead a small high functioning marketing team with a well-defined sense of tact, flexibility, and professional work ethic.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Build and lead the marketing business unit plan; marketing budget and performance metrics; routinely reporting results and measurements.
- Develop a deep understanding of products and services offered, also of customers and their buying journey.
- Supervise content marketing, nurture marketing and social media strategy ensuring alignment with brand strategy and organizational standards.
- Supervise the operation of the website, including maintenance, evaluation and implementation of new tools and technologies.
- Leverage marketing automation and lead management to streamline, automate and measure marketing functions.
- Funnel management – develop and report on marketing lead and opportunity pipeline; report on marketing’s contribution to lead and sales opportunity pipeline.
- Write and edit a variety of pieces of content such as web content, blog articles, press releases, social media posts, video scripts.
- Seek continuous improvement; optimize processes and technology that will create efficiencies with current and future marketing initiatives and programs.
- Participate in evaluating new offers, planning, and completing to bring them to market.
- Run the marketing team including performance development, workloads, schedules, coaching.
- Evaluate corporate sponsorship and participation opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships within the Microsoft ecosystem; plan and implement marketing initiatives with key partners; promote brand and reputation through professional network.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in business to business (B2B) marketing.
- Experience in a professional services organization or technology vendor.
- Experience marketing SaaS or Enterprise software B2B – preferably Microsoft ERP and CRM solutions.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, marketing automation tools and reporting tools.
- Proven track record for successfully meeting timelines, demonstrating effective time management, prioritization, and project management skills in demanding industry.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge with brand building and brand management.
- Detail oriented, superb writing, content development and editing skills.
- Experience leading people, providing direction, coaching for career progression.
- Willing and able to travel; passport is required.
- Position is open to residents of Canada or the United States who are legally entitled to work in resident country.
- Proficient in English – both verbal and written.
- Highly productive working remotely.
Furthering your success through the alignment of strategy, people, processes, and technology
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for subsequent interview will be contacted.