Vice President, Information Systems
The Vice President, Information Systems oversees the strategic direction and evolution of internal information systems. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work directly with other senior leaders to formulate a strategy that supports the overall corporate objectives. You will lead the Technical Services team who are responsible for daily systems operations, including troubleshooting, internal user support, routine maintenance and preserving secure system uptime.
In an environment where unexpected technical challenges present conflicting priorities, your experience and confidence instill an atmosphere of calm and control. Your ability to lead through chaos and consistently deliver innovative solutions will make an immediate contribution to the organization.
This position will appeal to an individual who is a self-professed change agent who can precisely document business requirements, visualize the future state, identify risks, and recommend viable options to achieve the desired outcome. The successful candidate has a natural inclination to monitor technology and business trends, introduce innovative and technological advancements that would contribute to increasing our competitive advantage.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assess overall current state infrastructure, software applications, vulnerabilities.
- Meet with end users and stakeholders to capture business requirements and current inefficiencies.
- Create future vision; develop and maintain roadmaps for business-critical applications.
- Evaluate alternate technology solutions, analyze cost, value, risk, ROI to achieve future state.
- Plan rollout of approved system changes including internal communication and end user training.
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve the employee and customer experience.
- Ensure company assets and data are secure and systems comply with all acceptable standards.
- Facilitate open exchange of ideas and engage team members in thought provoking discussions focused on innovation, continuous improvement, and service excellence.
- Implement continuous feedback loop to provide performance goal setting, coaching and development of IT professionals.
- Challenge the status quo; assign projects to team members that stimulate personal and professional growth.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Post-secondary education in Business, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ implementing ERP software and managing IT systems as well as a team of direct reports.
- 5+ years’ experience managing enterprise class infrastructure in a multi/hybrid cloud environment including IT Governance, Information Security & Fraud Prevention.
- 5+ years’ supporting and understanding the nuances of Microsoft Dynamics product lines.
- Knowledge of system design, integrations, enterprise architecture, and disaster recovery planning.
- Work experience with progressively increasing level of leadership responsibility.
- Able to comprehend situational complications and decide without hesitation how to proceed quickly and clearly.
- Able to create team cohesiveness and build rapport with local and remote team members.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to justify actions taken; able to negotiate and reach consensus with ease.
- Willing and able to travel (locally, nationally, and internationally); valid driver’s license and passport are required.
- Must be fluent in English language.
Furthering your success through the alignment of strategy, people, processes, and technology
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for subsequent interview will be contacted.