From On-Premise to Cloud ERP
Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 cloud ERP applications offer increased security and productivity, more predictable costs, and other benefits. Many businesses using on-premise Dynamics applications are choosing to make the switch to the cloud.
Encore supports all our customers: those who want to start moving to a cloud ERP today, those who want to start preparing to move to the cloud in the future, and those who want to stay on their on-premise solutions and get the most out of them.
Encore can provide advice tailored to your situation, and help you design the future of your business.
To learn more about the path forward for your specific Dynamics solution, click one of the buttons below. To read about Microsoft’s cloud solutions in general, and how Encore can help you leverage them, read further on this page.
Build Out Your Technology Roadmap
Through the decision-making process, it’s important to consider the full technology roadmap for your business. As your Dynamics Partner, Encore takes the time to understand your business needs, goals, and strategy, in order to create a technology plan going forward. We can identify how you can bring existing solutions together and leverage the current and future capabilities of the full Microsoft business stack: Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365 (Office 365), Power BI, and more.
Encore can help you plan out the timeline, technology choices, and cloud strategy that will unlock growth for your business. Contact us or reach out to your Encore account manager to start the conversation.
Benefits of Dynamics 365 Solutions and the Microsoft Azure Cloud
The Dynamics 365 solutions are built on the Microsoft Azure cloud, which also hosts other Microsoft tools you may already be familiar with: Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and many more.
The benefits of having your ERP running on the Microsoft Azure cloud include:
- Enhanced security: With your data being stored in Microsoft’s highly secure state-of-the-art data centers, modern security and disaster recovery measures are incorporated directly into your ERP.
- Data sovereignty: If your business operates in the United States or Canada and requires its data to be stored on servers located within the border, that option is available to you.
- No server costs: With Dynamics 365 run in the Microsoft Azure cloud it eliminates the expenses associated with purchasing and maintaining physical servers, allowing you to save money and improve your bottom line.
- Updates, faster than upgrades: With regular software updates included in the service, Dynamics 365 customers can leverage the latest features as they are released. These cloud updates take much less time than the on-premise upgrades you may be used to in Dynamics GP, NAV, or AX. Learn more about updates in Dynamics 365.
- More seamless integrations: Azure facilitates integrations between all the cloud-based Microsoft applications, such as Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365 (Office 365), and Power BI. This reduces the time spent switching between applications and eases collaboration and automation between departments. For more information about how integrated Microsoft solutions allow businesses to improve performance and productivity, please read our More Than an ERP | Integrated Microsoft Solutions blog post.
- More predictable and flexible costs: Per user per month licensing allows you to scale resources up or down as needed. This makes your costs more predictable and manageable, and facilitates your growth.
Contact us, and let’s start the conversation on how we can help you move to the cloud.
Overview of Key Solutions
The Microsoft business stack of applications covers a wide range of business needs. There are two Dynamics 365 ERP solutions:
- Dynamics 365 Business Central, which is generally the right solution for companies moving from Dynamics GP or Dynamics NAV.
- Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations, which is generally the right solution for companies moving from Dynamics AX.
Each company’s needs are unique, and you should talk with a Dynamics Partner like Encore, experienced in both of these Dynamics 365 ERP solutions, to make sure you move to the best solution for your business.
These ERP systems primarily deliver transactional functionality to streamline processes for financials, sales order processing, purchase order processing, inventory manufacturing, and project accounting.
There is also the suite of 5 Dynamics 365 CRM applications: Dynamics 365 Sales, Marketing, Project Operations, Customer Service, and Field Service. These are often used together with the Dynamics ERP applications to give you a unified solution across your business.
Beyond Dynamics 365, there are the productivity and collaboration tools you may already be familiar with in Microsoft 365 (previously called Office 365): Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and more.
And there is Power BI and the rest of the Power Platform, which facilitate reporting and analysis, help automate business processes with low-code/no-code tools, and more.
Transitioning to a Dynamics 365 ERP solution run in the cloud opens easier connections with any of the rest of the tools, enabling further growth and transformation to fit your evolving business needs.
For a bigger-picture discussion of the Microsoft business stack, learn about Unlocking Business Potential with the Microsoft Ecosystem.
How Encore Can Help
At Encore, we are proud of our track record in helping businesses leverage the latest developments in Microsoft business technology to enable their growth.
We are experts in both the Dynamics on-premise solutions (like Dynamics GP, NAV, and AX) and the Dynamics 365 cloud solutions. Encore also has experience in transition projects from on-premise to cloud solutions as well as in planning with our clients to identify their current and future technology needs.
Beyond this technical knowledge, we also bring a wealth of experience with the important change management and training processes that are part of an ERP transition. Encore can provide tailored advice to all our customers as they consider their options.
No two companies’ technical situation, business needs, and strategy are the same. While we provide a wide selection of informational resources in our website and newsletter to help you orient yourself, there is no substitute for a conversation with one of our experts.
To start the conversation, please contact us with the form below.
To learn more about the path forward for your specific Dynamics solution, click one of the buttons below.